Under Article IV of the IMF’s Articles of Agreement, the IMF holds bilateral discussions with members, usually every year.
In the context of the 2017 Article IV consultation with China, the following documents have been released and are included in this package:
• A Press Release summarizing the views of the Executive Board as expressed during its July 28, 2017 consideration of the staff report that concluded the Article IV consultation with the People’s Republic of China.
• The Staff Report prepared by a staff team of the IMF for the Executive Board’s consideration on July 28, 2017, following discussions that ended on June 14, 2017, with the officials of the People’s Republic of China on economic developments and policies. Based on information available at the time of these discussions, the staff report was completed on July 13, 2017.
• An Informational Annex prepared by the IMF staff.
• A Staff Statement updating information on recent developments.
• A Statement by the Executive Director for the People’s Republic of China. The documents listed below have been or will be separately released